Friday, April 13, 2012

SC map editor problem

[:1]I have a problem with the official map editor. When I load or create a new map it chrashed. I tried again and it didn't work :? Did anyone had this problem and how to fix this.|||Post some more info please
Where did you download the editor and where did you install the editor?
If it's the mohoengine.dll error you get then dont install the editor from the Vault when in Forged Alliance mode but download only when in Supreme Commander mode.
When downloaded from the internet, make sure you install the editor in the install directory of Supreme Commander.
If it's the above error and solution that fixes your problem, then indeed more people had this problem. Too many if you ask me.
I hope this fixes your problem, enjoy the editor.|||I dont get an error, Windows says it doesnt work any more. I downloaded from the internet and placed it inside my SC directory.
I run windows 7 32bit, downloaded the editor from the internet (vault doesn't work) and I installed it in the supreme commander\bin folder, else I get an error|||Can anyone help me with this?|||I think you need someone with win7 OS, I run winXP 32bit.
I must say that you would be best to persevere with the FA Vault, as it is an excellent service that GpG provides, which ensures all in game have the same map or mod versions.
The FA vault works very well for me on map uploads, pre match downloads and downloads for mods or utils. I got my editor from the vault… the Supcom Map Editor v4 has problems but they can be overcome.
V4 probs:
1. It only works at 800x600 res
2. It will screw the save file when certain FA markers are added.
3. Some odd map sizes are impossible to make.
4. You can easily go below ‘Map Border’ height.
5. ‘Save As’ has problems.
6. Some internal settings don’t get saved…’FFA’ edit required.
[The Editor files must be placed in Old Supreme Commander/bin]
I had no problem actually running the v4 Editor under 32bit winXP, except the res prob, and that was only because I kept ‘Maximizing’ its window.
Generally it is a very stable and reliable editor and I have made many map successfully using it to create the height maps, paint, set game ARMY_# start positions. I place all other markers using Hazards MarkerEditor.
roj

No comments:

Post a Comment