Thursday, April 12, 2012

[REL – FA] Dark Gate II

[:1]Map Name : Dark Gate II
Size : 10 x 20
Players : 6
Download : FA Vault
or http://forgedalliance.obliteratingwave.co.uk/Maps/dark%20gate%20v2.v0001.rar
Image

I have edited an old favorite map called “Dark Gate”.
When I first made this map I was experimenting with maximum and minimum possible heights. I had a relative height of 110 between the lowest at 5 and highest at 115. Because the very low setting caused a visual error if ‘Map Border’ was ‘ON’ and the very high setting caused planes to stall and interrupted flight paths, I decided to fix the problems by halving the relative height to 54. Low is now 26 and high is 80.
Now Air runs fine, no stalling and normal fight patterns.
Also it is much easier to access all parts of the map to set metal storage around mass extractors.
The FA markers have been tweaked to provide a good battle from any start position.
There are now many alternative paths to the main path past the Gate.
This map can be played by up to 6 human players in normal 3v3, 2v2 or 2v3.
It can also be played as ‘TeamPlay’ against AI as 2v2AI, 2v3AI, 3v2AI or 3v3AI.
Only elite teams will be able to defeat AIX on my latest maps.
Dark Gate II runs fast and smooth... I oiled it 8)
Good Luck Commanders
roj

No comments:

Post a Comment