Thursday, April 12, 2012

Map Editor that works in Win 7 ?

[:1]I tried getting the map editor from the GPNet site to work but it always gives me this error.Image
I'm running Win 7 64bit and the only map editor that works is the Supreme Commander Editor made by Hazard...but this editor has a bad problem.
TEXTURES,DECALS & PROPS DON'T APPEAR
Image
The problem with this editor is that you can see what the texture looks like in the little left side window but when I try to apply it you only see blobs of color and not the exact texture being applied so you don't know how the map is going to look like until you start the game.
This is really messed up because you can't texture [or apply decals] exactly at what your looking at without having to save,start the game and check the map and then go back and reopen it to make any corrections.
This can take days doing it with this process which is really silly.
Unlike other editors like the editors for Generals,Sudden Strike,Earth 2150/60 & Orb where your basically working within the Map itself and seeing everything that your putting on it,this editor just shows a representation of the map and Trees & Rocks [props] just appear as dots rather that using the actual models.
Is there anyway to get either of these editors to work or work properly ?|||You are doing something wrong if you cant get GPG's map editor to work. It is far from perfect, however, beautiful balanced maps can easily be made using it. Read through the tutorials on this forum again if you are still having problems. I also use Win 7 64bit without problems.
Dont bother using Hazardx's editor it will give you more problems later on.|||Thanks Electro I do that this week .|||You need to put the editor to supreme commander folder. It does not work on forged alliance folder.
...\Supreme Commander\bin\Supcom Map Editor.exe|||Delete the Supcom Map editor... and read this out:~
viewtopic.php?t=52143&f=20#p905107
I hope it will help you.
---
Prince|||I did exactly what the link says and I still get the same error.
Even when I launch the editor from the GPGNet site it gives me the same error.
This is where the download from the site sent the files.
Image
Can you tell me what files should and what shouldn't be here ?
When you say to delete the supcom map editor,which one,the one from Hazard or the original one ?|||Delete ALL map editors what you have.Then Download the Official Map Editor from the vault (GPGnet) in the Supreme Commander Mode.
If you done that and you get the same error,your named .dll file is broken.
---
Prince|||I don't have a named .dll file anywhere on my machine.|||Hi,
The named .dll is MohoEngine.dll which you have in your bin folder but I don't believe this is the problem.
I recently received the same error message and a simple bit of patching to bring SupCom upto version 1.1.3280 was all it needed, this can be downloaded from the gpgnet website.
You will need to download the correct patch depending on which version you are currently running but this can be found in the top left corner of SupCom's main menu.
Once patched you should be good to go. :D|||Game is fully patched,editor now starts up with errors but I cannot open any official SC maps and it opened only 2 maps.
After awhile it would not even open these any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment