Friday, April 13, 2012

Map Resizing ?

[:1]I tried resizing a map from 40x40 to 80x80 but when I did that all the positions and markers were off.
Anyway of doing this so that everything gets resized properly ?|||Can't be done.
Instead, it's much easier to make tanks and buildings smaller. I made this a few years ago; http://code.google.com/p/healthandmana/ ... mander.zip|||hmm... So, if I want to resize a map, I would have to make a merge file for every unit AND structure in the game, and make them bigger/smaller? I'd also have to edit their speed, muzzle velocity and acceleration accordingly, and resize mex spots... Holy ******* ****. No thanks. Can I plz just use map size*0.5 and be done with it? =(|||Shove my mod into Blueprints.lua and it should work.|||BulletMagnet|||Yes, yes, yes.
Also, it wasn't perfect because I couldn't work out how to shrink certain effects. It's going to need some changes for pathing too.|||BulletMagnet|||Can't tell you any more than pathing will need to be looked at - I never got around to poking with it.|||well, what symptoms are there? Do they look game breaking, or more like just a bit glitchy a la unit gets stuck in building on rare occasion?|||Also, maybe im stupid, but in the map scenario file, it says its "size = 1024 x 1024", would editing that change the model size? Just like unitsize can be edited very easily?|||Nephylim

No comments:

Post a Comment