Thursday, April 12, 2012

Maps Not Showing Up In Game ?

[:1]Well after reinstalling SC and updating the game and then trying to install the Official Map Editor [which of course still won't work] I had to resort back to using the Unofficial map editor but now after saving the map it won't show up in the game at all.|||You seem to be having a lot of trouble with this. Have you sat down and read a tutorial on the subject?|||Yeah I read the tutorial on starting the editor and it doesn't work.
I tried running the editor from the GPG.Net site and I get an error now saying an error occurred attempting to install the GPG.Net.
I then tried getting the latest install for that and that won't install because it gives me the same error.
I tried installing the editor from the desktop shortcut and I get the same thing,even though I put the supcom editor in the BIN folder.
If I try to run the editor from inside the BIN folder the program will open and it shows a splash image that says "PRE ALPHA".
After that when I try to open any map the program crashes and I get the box that says SUPREME COMMANDER EDITOR APPLICATION HAS STOPPED WORKING and in the bottom of the window I have this error file.
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: supcom_map_editor.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 4661dd91
Fault Module Name: gpgcore.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 47680c2d
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 0003e9a0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 288f
Additional Information 2: 288fd8ab53e633e570330533130beddc
Additional Information 3: d5a1
Additional Information 4: d5a1ab86011c76e319bf70f72ea0840c

I also took the map that I edited in Hazard's editor and tried opening it in FA and it won't show up.
So now does this mean that because I updated the game that I can't even play any map that I edited in Hazards editor ?
So now do I have to make a second seperate install of SC and update it to the previous version just to be able to run Hazard's editor ?
I can't even resize the map by editing it in notepad because the update doesn't reconize it so the map stays the same size.

No comments:

Post a Comment