Thursday, April 12, 2012

[REL][SC2] Erdu Strategic Weapons Centre

[:1]That's right, an SC2 map. What is done here is no new fancy collision mesh or model, or even map. This is a rehash of a campaign mad to make it compatible in skirmish, with the addition of additional mex spots etc. for balance. Simply speaking, the map was used in several promotional screenshots, in a skirmish-esque way, and I was thinking why not turn some campaign maps to skirmish, we've got 18 anyways of them to spare.
Image
Download
=======
Updated with a rebalanced version of the map, its still not fully perfect. But ive not had that much time lately - college work etc. Remapped some of the mex spots, top left now has 6 instead of 4. Changed names as to not confilict with a compilation pack. DELETE the Shadow_maps.scd and replace with Erdu_maps.scd from here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5uomjmqhyob

Insert this into C:\%YOURSTEAMINSTALLDIRECTORY%\steamapps\common\supremecommander2\gamedata
Though it might also work in mydocs\mygames\gpg\sc2\maps
Feedback would be nice.
FurtherNote: This IS compatible with vanilla SC2 and my Scale mod.
[EDIT:] Note that it may not show correctly named in the skrimish menu. Ive had it at times being called emerald crater, amongst others- though the preview pic shows fine.|||Had some issues but got it working now.
I first tried to use the 2nd method you mentioned by adding it to a maps folder in mygames. It showed in the map menu as another shiva prime, but with the proper map picture though. Unfortunately when I tried to load it it seemed to load indefinetely. I gave it a few minutes then ctrl-alt-deleted out.
Then I removed that and tried the first method you said, by adding it to gamedata. Unfortunately it didn't show at all.
So then I tried having it in both locations, it shows as shiva prime like before, but now it works! :D
Unfortunately I couldn't do anything at first but then I noticed a tiny orange circle under the commanders feet and remembered I had a rush timer set from an old game. I guess it's not set up with a rush zone yet. Now I've tried it with norush turned off and it seems to work ok.
One thing though, how come the north-west point has 4 mex's but the others have 6?
Anyway I'll let you know if I have anything more to report.
Good work on getting a new map in! :D|||Glad you've got it working. I have to admit that I didnt get it fully balanced, may release an updated version, but without a map editor or anything to help me, I had to add new mex points by hand, and that comes with trial and error for quite some time. I still havent figured out why it doesnt show up in the lobby correctly; maybe this is why map support has been down for now :S|||Updated with a rebalanced version of the map, its still not fully perfect. But ive not had that much time lately - college work etc. Remapped some of the mex spots, top left now has 6 instead of 4. Changed names as to not confilict with a compilation pack. DELETE the Shadow_maps.scd and replace with Erdu_maps.scd from here. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5uomjmqhyob|||Hm... doesn't work for me. I put it in \Steam\steamapps\common\supreme commander 2\gamedata and \My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander 2\maps
Are you sure this is supposed to work with a completely unmodified version of Supreme Commander 2 without any command line parameters?|||It should work with a completely unmodified SC2. I tried this one with two unmodified setups, and it works fine. In the lobby it may not show it as its proper name, says emerald crater to me:S, but the map preview works. Try checking your map select for dupes and click on one till you get one with a different minimap shot.
Mine looks like this: Image|||Yes, I have gone through every map individually, looking for the different mini map. No double map was there, no map with this minimap was there.|||odd. I have a bad feeling this may be due to the dlc nature of some of that maps. For me it shows up as a dlc map (i.e the incorrect name). Since steam affects what maps you get etc, perhaps that might be blocking the map in cases such as yours. There is a trick to ......... pre order maps; which may get the map loading. Though Im not saying how to do it. If you do have a pre order map package, could you tell me as it may be because of my end on that.
There may be a way to resolve it, possibly changing the map ID to see if that does anything, though I'd need to check everything first.|||Just did a test run, besides a couple quirky AI issues, works just fine.
Which map are you working on next? Would love to see some 5 player or larger maps!|||Now this behaviour is really wierd. The tag used seems to change the map name it clones in the lobby UI.
So far the tag 009 renders it as emerald crater
whilst 501 renders it as shiva prime
yet 210 renders it as van horne core :????
Custom tags render the map as Shiva prime.
Ive done some analysis on this, and it appears that full custom map support is DOWN, possibly its the steamworks DLC managment system that disables custom content properly coming in. The maps can work and load up, and allow you to have the correct max players; though the lobby will only register how much it clone has.
In addition, what I find most interesting of all, is that the map it takes the name and spawn slots off (though it doesnt affect the game), is that which has the tag CLOSEST to the custom map in question. 009 became emerald crater because 009 is close to 007. Shiva prime is at the end, so any custom tags / mismatch use the latter, as it appears that the lobby UI is running a search (in tag order) for an acceptable place holder / preview of sorts.|||Updated version here: allows all users to play it. I discovered an interesting pattern with map tags. Now you dont need DLC to use it. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5uomjmqhyob|||Works now ;)|||Hmm, link is now broken, was going to have a friend DL it...|||the link in the post I made above yours??? -- i.e the updated version???|||Hmm, now it is showing up as a three player map under shiva prime instead of a four player map.|||Thats because the tag is the closest to shivaprimes; to make it selectable by all players. 4 slots are still there though. One of the posts above explains this.|||nice idea, sure like the idea of new maps.|||You know...I think the 2nd UEF map would make a pretty bangin naval map... :)|||maxfreak|||The map is pretty boring compared to that. Its more shore to shore type basis. The UEF mission has separate islands and a bend between the mountains which IMO is a lot more interesting.|||Download not working. Says the file is not there :/|||This link works:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5uomjmqhyob|||Just played a ffa on it.
BUgged mex point on the left, since its partially submerged, and some sides have a VERY slight advantage due to the mex placements (I.e, left bottom is uniform, above him is scattered)
I like this a lot.|||You should really post how you managed to convert the map to multiplayer for the rest of us to see. I probably couldn't convert a map myself, but I'm sure there are some other people on these forums who could, and more importantly, have lots of free time to do it in.
Edit: There's also a lack of a mex point between the top two players, so in a 2v2 where the players are top-vs-bottom (the best configuration) the top team is down a bit of mass. I also think you should stick more than one mex between bases to encourage fighting. At least 3 or 4 would be great. Even if you don't have the time, at the very least tell us how we can change this ourselves.|||Yes, please do this. I have a student version of 3dsmax, so if you could do some teaching, I could use my enormous amounts of free time for the greater good of the Supcom2 community!

No comments:

Post a Comment