Thursday, April 12, 2012

[SC/FA][QUESTION] Which map editor is correct?

[:1]So, I went to The Vault to try and download the Supreme Commander map editor. However, I'm curious about which one is the correct version.
I searched for it under the Tools tab and got four results:
Image
Which one should I download for the most recent version of the map editor?
Edit: Ack, I just tried to download it.
Why the flaking crepe do I still have to sign up for use?
It's been ~3 years since the release date!|||Hi,
Hmmm... I don’t like to advise people on what editor to install.
There is some trial and error involved depending on your OS.
lol... I think I am using Supreme Commander Official Editor - beta V4
It is called ‘Supcom map editor v4’ and came from the vault as ‘Supcom_map_editor.zip’
Supcom Map Editor v4 has problems but they can be overcome on winXP.
V4 probs:
1. It only works at 800x600 res
2. It will screw the save file when certain FA markers are added.
3. Some odd map sizes are impossible to make.
4. You can easily go below ‘Map Border’ height.
5. ‘Save As’ has problems.
6. Some internal settings don’t get saved…’FFA’ edit required.
[The Editor files must be placed in Old Supreme Commander/bin]
I had no problem actually running the v4 Editor under 32bit winXP, except the res prob, and that was only because it kept auto ‘Maximizing’ its window.
Generally it is a very stable and reliable editor and I have made many maps successfully using it to create the height maps, paint, set game ARMY_# start positions.
I place all other markers using Hazards MarkerEditor.
roj

No comments:

Post a Comment