Friday, April 13, 2012

[REL] Open War and Open War FA

[:1]Map Name: Open War (in FA vault its called Open War FA)
Size : 20 x 10
Players : 6
Download : SupCom Vault and FA Vault
This map can be played 3human v 3human or 3human v 3AI as TeamPlay.
The Battle takes place in the vicinity of the Crystal Dog Star. 8)

Please don’t think I have given up on the fast 3x3 Teamplay map. Although, I have had a bit of fun expressing creative flair on this map, it should still be fast.
The only real problem I have with the map editor is that when I add all FA markers the map errors and becomes unusable. The Sorian AI seems smart enough to overcome the lack of some markers. I am trying to eliminate which FA maker is causing the problem, I think it could be ‘Water Link Marker’. I hope its not the 'Waypoint Markers' because I need them on other maps with more complicated path-finding.


Image|||I've done considerable map editing and had exactly the same issues. What I do know is that it's much easier to place and move markers using Hazards' Marker Editor than it is to use the SC Map Editor - and it's reliable.
From time to time, the Map Editor will corrupt the _save file (where markers are stored). It's almost always a Naval Area marker that gets corrupted (extra characters are inserted making it unreadable).|||Thanks Sprouto, your mention of the _save file allowed me to fix and load some maps that were corrupted. I still don’t know which marker is causing the problem, although I agree it is to do with the FA water markers.
I use Hazards' Marker Editor and find it excellent.|||This map has FA markers included.

No comments:

Post a Comment