Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Game ends immediately after launch

I see from the stickies and the search that I'm not the first to encounter this problem. I've tried all the solutions that I found, and unless I'm missing something, they have not worked. The map ran fine until I added the FA specific markers using HazardX's marker editor tool. After that, as soon as the commanders spawn the game ends.



What am I missing here?|||gaelrond|||Col. Jessep|||local ScenarioUtils = import('/lua/sim/ScenarioUtilities.lua');

local ScenarioFramework = import('/lua/modules/ScenarioFramework.lua');



function OnPopulate()

ScenarioUtils.InitializeArmies()

ScenarioFramework.SetPlayableArea('AREA_1, false);

end



function OnStart(self)

end







It's probably something really simple, like an extra bracket, or a missing one. Thanks for the help (and again for putting up with my noobishess)|||scenario.lua looks okay, for the script.lua I would recommend BulletMagnets fixed script version:



http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?t=33831



the path to the framework.lua in your script seems to be wrong and that might cause a problem, not sure.



I had a map break after using the maker editor once, cant remember what it was exactly but there were some code fragments in the markers, additional brackets and stuff.



You can start up the map in FA with the log running and it might find the error. Info on the /log command line switch:



http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Command_line_switches



If you have a backup of your map:

make a copy, add your markers with the editor, save them

open the new save.lua and just copy the part with the markers

open your old script.lua and replace the markers block with the new one



That worked for me so far. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment