Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Supplemental Inquiry: Map Editing

So, here's the deal: many of the on-line multiplayer maps won't show up in Forged Alliance, and most of the existing maps are either 20x20 or greater. I'd like to create my own map, but the map editors won't work. HazardX's map editor keeps looking for SupremeCommander.exe and I don't have SupCom installed; it won't accept ForgedAlliance.exe, which indicates to me that it will only make maps for vanilla.



The official map editor keeps looking for mohoengine.dll, which is proving elusive.



I've read most of the tutorials, but I have a feeling most of the work on them was done in vanilla. As such, I'm a little confused.



So, I guess the question is: is there anything special I need for the creation of Forged Alliance maps? Which editor should I use, and what else do I need? I have Photoshop for heightmaps, no problem. Is there anything else I need?|||This should probably go int eh mapping forum....you know, the one below this one?


Here, I'll move it for you.



Mike|||Both editors require Vanilla to be installed. Vanilla maps work in FA.|||OrangeKnight|||Last Stand

No comments:

Post a Comment