Monday, April 23, 2012

Spawn issues Revisted! A solution in sight!

So for the last three days. THREE DAYS OF HELL. I was plauged by an odd error on my newest and as of yet incomplete map.



The commander spawns showed up in the top left corner.

If that wasn't bad enough. That isnt even where my commander spawned, rather, he spawned AT RANDOM on the map.

Things did not bode well.



Being not the first map I made, It stuck me as odd. and I went though all the steps more than once. And couldn't figure it out.



Caplocks: Cruise control for awesome.



So I did what I must, I send a virgin copy of my map to Le VirusWatts for him to examine. And about an hour later of banter back and forth about all the things to try. One thing was noticed.



In the army tags.



We tried messing with their order in the save file, no luck

And then it was said.

Isn't that supposed to be capped out?



I had under my markers tab

"Army_1"

where I should have had

"ARMY_1"







I felt like kicking myself.



So remember! capslock is cruise control for awesome!

and a whole lot of trouble saved.



Full caps when renaming your blank marker to ARMY_*|||nice... i had the same goof on my map|||same here too, but i noticed and fixed it a while back.|||Luckily I remebered how nazi code can get with captial letters, so I always stuck to caps :D|||Thats cause your whole life you've been tought that a and A are the same and mean the same thing.... but they arn't the same they are as different as 6 and V|||i added this to the editor wiki:

http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Map_editor_tips



thanks :=)|||I have the same problem,ok no i dont. cuz all mine are cps locked where they should be , and commander 1 still spawns randomly , and commander 2 , all the other 6 are fine. >:-(|||I don't see my map damnit i can say that i have markers all with capslock is just or no?

No comments:

Post a Comment