Monday, April 23, 2012

Saltrock Colony?

Has anybody made an eight player version (additional land mass and new player on both the north and south areas of the island) of Saltrock Colony that is fully compatable with Sorian's AI Pack?



Thanks for your time,



GB|||if their is one that has all that just no AI points than you should be able to get some one to do that for you.|||i'd be interested in seeing an 8p Saltrock.|||How should it look like? I can make one, but I can't give an ETA, although it should be done quickly. It'll be 20*20 though, instead of the 10*10 for the 6 player map.



I already have an idea, but if you guys have some ideas too, I can implement it in mine.|||my guess; 15km map should suffice, it'll have enough room without there being too much room.|||I have tried the first thing, but as usual I am facing the problem that it is not as easy as I thought it to be, so it takes longer than expected already. Also, I'm getting busy for school the next two weeks, so there's really no ETA.



About the map: I'll take into account that 15 km probably will suffice.|||Thank you very much for your efforts...



GB|||I am very sorry that I have to say that I have stopped working on it.



I'm sorry, but other maps and important things in real life took my attention.



Maybe I am going to work on this some time again, but I am not sure (this is why I haven't given an ETA, and why I probably have to keep myself from saying I'm going to do this, before even taking a proper look at it).



Again, sorry for giving you a false idea of this :(|||Plasma_Wolf,



RL always takes priority. Heck, I just would like a land map (with some water) which the AI is especially tough. I have yet to find a map where the AIx just keeps hitting me (and my teammates)...



Any suggestions?



GB|||I know very well that real life always takes first priority, but I feel a bit bad about it because I kinda forgot about the map, but still did other maps.

Well, maybe I'll be looking at it this weekend, but again, I'm not sure.



About suggestions for a map: no, and I just noticed you already have the Sorian AI (seen it in his thread, you made a reply). Can you beat that one? if so, what about getting online?

(not that I want you to get online if you don't want to)



If I suddenly see a map with hard AI, I'll tell you.|||Problem is the 20 min no rush. I have lots of defenses set up (and maybe a fatboy or two), but no huge offensive fleet o'doom. I would die relatively easily vs a human player. With Sorian, if you survive the initial onslought (20 to 25 min mark--no rush) you've got it won.



GB|||I like the idea of such a map too. That has always been one of my favorite stock maps.|||Ok, I've been working on the map for about 30 minutes now, and the basic job is done: heightmapping is not yet complete (it doesn't look nice yet), but I have managed to turn the 6 player island into an 8 player island (setup is for 2v2v2v2).



It's going to take at leas a week though, probably even longer because I'm working on other maps as well...|||Hi Plasma_Wolf,



I'm just thankful you're working on a map. The other maps you are working on--are any of them flat with few (or no obsticles) for the AI to navigate, so the AI can take full advantage?



Thanks for your time. Remember, RL is first.



GB|||Flat? Not at all... Take a look at Tessal Passage



When I make maps, I don't think about the AI, I just add the markers afterwards (I assume that I've got to add proper AI markers here too, right? That may turn into an AI which is not as good as the one on the original Saltrock, because I don't know very much about AI markers)|||Beautiful map. Wow. Heck, that is like Picasso. AI markers are added, so how does the AI do?



GB|||I don't know, I added AI markers, but that is solely for obvious waypoints and combat zones.



I make maps for multiplayer games, not for player vs AI games, the reason why I started adding them is because the people of the Community Expansion Pack wanted it.

Since then I continued adding them to maps, because I agree to it that some people like to play with AI too.

However, I am not interested in playing vs AI, and I am also not interested in testing maps on how the AI works. The result is that I don't know very much about AI markers, sorry for that.|||your markers look fine, could use some refining but they will work ok.



One mistake tho and that is your amphibious markers are done wrong.

if you used the supreme marker editor then you need to click on EDIt and then GENERATE AMPHIBIOUS PATH NODES it will replicate the Land path nodes and from there you add the rest of the amphibious pathing nodes into your water.



Do not worry about removing the orginal amphibious path nodes as the editor will ask you if you want to delete the current path nodes.



I could be wrong here but I assume that the amphibious units will follow the amphibious markers only and not the land markers, thus the need to generate amphibious markers on land.



And heres a tip, use the lower right area in the editor to turn off viewing markers and the grid makes doing the work easier on the eyes.



Nice map...|||Hungaboo|||8) Its a nice little feature, Saves time laying out the extra pathing.|||Plasma_Wolf|||This is the map as I've got it now, I want to add player, mass and hyrdo markers now, as it was in Saltrock for 6 players, but before that, I want to know (especially from the OP, who requested the map) if this is the desired lay-out. If not, I can now change it without having to change all of the markers.



Image|||it's got my vote.|||Looks good from here :)|||Well, the OP hasn't responded yet, but I've got two positive votes, so I'll just go on from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment