Monday, April 23, 2012

[WIP] Grave Passages

Grave Passages:



Here is a map I hope to compliment Duncanes Base Assault mod,

Currently it is beta and needs all the bling yet, Going with a Isis theme.



This version of the map is for just a 3 way vanilla game play.



I have only had a couple games with the Base Assault mod and I see the maps mass markers need heavy nerfing.



http://hosted.filefront.com/Hungaboo/



Image



Image



Image|||I always love a good single chokepoint map.+ ur maps suit my style. Dling now|||Hyperion did you have a game ?



markers need work.

I noticed the ai likes to only go one route. This being both corner opponents teamed up and as rush. Ai is ignoring mass in its own base and the acu is seen standing still alot.



I also need to do some land lowering on the ridges. Artillary just shoots into the ground.|||So this is what you've been working on while your Frost Bite map waits for a ram upgrade! Looks good Hungaboo.



Sent you a PM.|||ya I just did. I also did a all AI game. For some reason The bottom AIs dont do anything both if im playing or im not i was using sorian 1.9.6.

The top AI was awesome great markers there.



P.S. R u working on any maps now other than this 1?|||That is looking nice. The Base Assualt mod has potential, and it will be good to have some maps designed for it.|||Hyperion_Personality. I wish I could have spent more time play testing, Sorry to waste your time playing a beta with lack luster game play.



My other map Frost Bite is going to require a computer upgrade, looks like I need a new harddrive and ram and the fan on my new Video card needs an upgrade, that Ati 4870 likes to run hot.

The map being as large as it is, is killing my system. Increasing the swapfile did not allow me to go any futher with the map as the editor crashes when ever I hit Save.



----------



The ai plays strangely in this one. I have another build of the map with a different marker setup that plays a bit better. But the two lower spots always seem to join together to attack from either the left side or the right instead of each concentrating on attacking from thier respective sides. The transport drops work better now, thats a plus.



Duncanes BA mod likes to award too many mass spots to the base, Its radius is fairly large. This makes it impossible to play against as the Base is overly powerful with all that mass I have placed.



I am just trying to get vanilla gameplay working first so Duncanes mod will have to get another version of this map after.|||No need to be sorry. I become a botttom player and i get a OK 1v1. Its really great. besides u got sorian AI to work on it. I cant get hazardXs editor.



P.S. If u have time feel free to add sorian markers to any of my maps to get an extremely special thx :D



P.P.S If u get mad about this humble request im sorry :oops: :(|||Hyperion_Personality|||Windows vista's parental controls prevent me from installing either of those. I have hazards editor i just cant get it to run.|||Be awhile before I can get back to this map, so I uploaded a beta 2 of where I left off, mapped with landscape changes and a different marker set (untested !! )



I have lowered the cliffs in height and slope to try to help with units firing from those positions and not firing into the ground.



I am unable to test this marker set until my computer parts arrive next week as my game crashes now as well as the editor :( taking a T.O.



If anyone downloads it, I hope it provides a good game.



Updated the pics at the top to show the current build.|||ill playtest and get back 2 u|||Still working on this. Slowly that is 8)



- Fleshing out the mountains.

- Added new second routes into the smaller player 2 and 3 bases to help with the ai pathing.

- Opened up the center to provide another entrance into the player 1 base and to add more routes for ai pathing.



Image



Image



Image|||The terrain's looking very interesting Hungaboo, I haven't tried this map yet but I might save the experience until a bit later. Computer built yet?|||I gave the original version a few runs a while ago. This is a nice map that looks to be getting even better. I'll have to play on it some more because I did have some feedback.|||Pureon, Mocafrost,

The map has changed alot from that file I uploaded. Don't bother with it :wink:



Trying to change the AI in its play style on the map to be a bit more aggressive. I've widened passages for bigger troop movement, and lowered mountains as some aircraft where having to navigate more.



The computer is running ...... better. Scared myself installing a dual fan kit for the video card. some thermal pastes can be conductive I just discovered :roll:

Ditched a couple old sata drives in raid and went with a new sata2 1 TB drive, HUGE cache finally. And much needed ram.



Now I can get to play my map instead of looking at it.|||congrats on the computer upgrades. Let's hope you won't get any more troubles with it.



I'll be waiting for a more finalized version of the map before I play it. I'm currently very busy with other games, which in turn keeps me away from editing myself :p|||lol at conductive thermal paste - I always get really nervous when building/upgrading my computers, I've had a few disasters.



I think I'll wait for a version you're happier with before trying this map. Looking forward to it!|||Beta3 is up for anyone interested.



Still working on game play, markers, and passage widening.

Mountains need some tuning ect...



No time to test.... Off to Vancouver for a get away.



Links at the top.|||Thanks.|||Hi mocafrost, did you get a chance to have a game on this ? Wondering what your impressions are.



It seems ok for the early game, I have not had a chance to play a extended game on it. Im curious if it is to tight and the larger units get hung up in thier travels.



Hard finding time to play with the editor lately, I thought a recession was suppossed to slow down things :!:|||Hungaboo|||I gave it another go and made sure to send huge groups of units weaving to the enemy start points. They did just fine other than the five hours it takes to get there by land.



I noticed that the AI built fire bases in some of the passages. That was good because they were near opponents bases, and allow direct travel. I'd recommend placing the expansion markers a little closer to the start positions so they can be all be within TML range. That only applies to some.



Overall, an enjoyable map to play.|||5 Hours :lol:



Thanks for the suggestions.



I'm happier with the game play now, so I think I'll start decaling it some time next week, and boot it out the door as finnished.|||lol. I sent large T1 and T2 mixed groups to each enemy start position in the early T2 phase. I managed to drop lots of T2 bots and arty on one of the enemies before the ground group made it there. I think your map's theme works perfectly. Most maps are too weavy and cramped when the same type of play is attempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment