Thursday, April 19, 2012

New Map - Haven of War - 9 Strata - Tell me what you think!

Well,

With exams finished I have had more time to work on my maps. Its taken shape nicely.



I've uploaded an alpha to the vault and played two games with other playes, all seemed to like it.



Note I have not done props decals or civilians yet, They ware all coming. I will also tweak the mex locations and power gens near start positions.



I am also in the process of balancing the mass - moving hydro closer to start positions etc. Feedback on these things would be good!



Here are some screenshots:

NOTE AGAIN: For some reason the screenshots are off colour... Im not quite sure why!





Image



Image



Image



You can download from the vault, Search Xmall as a keyword or the unsername.



It is only an Alpha so Work will be continueing but I would love comments.



DragonFly - If you read this I would be grateful if you could have a look at my AI markers and lighting :)



Thanks all!

Hope you like it!|||Looks nice. I'll try it out tomorrow|||Thanks Eomor :)

Look forward to the results.



If you have an AI match, please report any bugs you find. I've tested in pretty heavily and made a few tweaks but I am sure there will be a few things that fell through the cracks!|||It looks really good.|||Atfer a test by 6 players(3v3)



1. birth gathering away from adjusts

2. ground a little trash|||I really like it. I'm of to the vault now to download this alpha.

Does it have AI support?|||Eomor - Thanks for that!

I will add trees and rocks to the map when I get some time. I will also add a few civilians around the lake I think.



Thanks very much for the feedback everyone, has taken alot of work.



I have also noticed that there is alot of red glare/reflection on the map so I will need to work on that.



AndreazZ - AI support is present and should run ok. That said I will be seeking some more experianced help for optimising the AI and that should be impletmented by the time I release a Beta.



Keep the comments and game results coming!|||Can you put it somewhere like supcomfiles?|||Have downloaded the map and had a long 2 on 2 battle on it. The map plays really well and the AI seems quite good at handling it too. Even in this alpha stage this map definitely has earned a place among my favorites.



Thanks.|||Tnx AndreaZz - Glad you like it!



Hyperion - I've uploaded the map to filefront so you can download if you cant get access to the vault http://www.filefront.com/user/Xmall



This is still the old version, more work has since been done and Dragon Fly has kindly gone over the markers for me...



I'll probably release a Beta/Final within 1-2 weeks.



Thanks again for your help everyone :)|||thnx X

No comments:

Post a Comment