Thursday, April 19, 2012

Saving problems

Okay, I know this sounds weird , but it's true. When I save the _scenario.lua file with the editor, it shows up if I try to open it. However,when I look for it with windows explorer, it doesn't show up. Please help me!



P.S. I have Vista|||This sounds like the problem we had in this thread.



Are they showing up in your root folder? (' C:/ ')|||The problem isn't the same; it's just that when I go to open it with the map editor, the _scenario.lua file shows up, but when I "explore" from the start button, it doesn't show up.|||SupremCommander|||Didja scare him off LVW?

:D|||I hope the issue was resolved without response, but I fear I did.

/apologies|||I just got a new rig - I was stupid enough to get it with vista :oops: Anyhow, I have the exact same problem as OP. I create and edit a map, I can save and reload in both editors but it´s invisible to both SupCom and Vista.... WEIRDNESS!!|||Sorry, I was just off for a while.



Anyways,



1. LeVirus Watts, you're correct in your assuption.

2. Where else should I look?

3. (please excuse my noobness)What/Where is my root folder?



Happy Halloween!|||Erm, how about you search all harddrives for '*scenario.lua'? Include hidden files in your search, just in case and you should find all your maps...

Happy Halloween!|||SupremCommander|||Thanks Col.Jessep!



Found my maps in:



C:/Users/*myusername*/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/ProgramFiles/THQ/GasPoweredGames/SupremeCommander/Maps



@ OP: don´t forget to include hidden files.|||Thanks a lot, Johanez! I found it in the same place.



Can't wait til forged alliance!|||I've added to the sticky that Vista can cause the editor to save files in places other than the C:/ such as C:/Users/*myusername*/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/ProgramFiles/THQ/GasPoweredGames/SupremeCommander/Maps



Sorry for pushing you in the wrong direction Suprem.|||No problem! Is there any way to change where it saves?



P.S. My "save as" doesn't work. :(|||SupremCommander|||THank you for the great advice!



I'll get there oer christms break.|||I had the same problem. But now that its fixed I dont have to stress that the map was lost.



One thing though, The Map tutorials dont mention these common interruptions and most of them assume that they dont even exist. Luckly I didnt spend 3 hours trying to fix this and I just went to the forum. :)



Oh and sorry for digging this post up. Just thought ppl should know this is still a inconvinence.

No comments:

Post a Comment