Thursday, April 19, 2012

Haven of War - Beta Release - Please help me test

Hi all! :P



Thanks to everyone who assisted with suggestions on the alpha release!



The old Alpha release link is here:

http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?t=37741



Alot has been encorperated into this Beta so I would like to know what everyone thinks!



Also, Hyperion Personality - If your still around and read this I apologize for the link to the alpha version, that was very much the wrong version that I sent you and really wont have given you much joy :P



DOWNLOAD

http://www.filefront.com/14133041/HavenofWar-Beta.zip//



POLL

Also please submit your thoughts on the Poll question :) Do i need more terrian features in the open spaces around the broad side of the lake?



Here are some pictures of the current map:



Image



Image



Image



Image



I would love feeback on the map and any changes people may want to see!|||Looks like a good map, downloading now.





Quote:|||Thanks CommanderDude, Look forward to hearing how you.



I forgot to mention a few details:



Map Size: 20x13.3



Also some mass points spawn with players, not all.



1 People have downloaded the map so far so if you have had a go at it please post what you thought and any suggestions you have :)|||its fine.

btw when i click your new link i get an "internet explorer cannot open the site [insert site here] download aborted" error|||Strange.... Link seems to be working for me.

Try here if it wont let you get through: http://www.filefront.com/user/Xmall



Let me know if that helps, Otherwise I can email a copy.|||nope didnt work. it seems to be doing it at all the download pages of any files... hmmm



supcomfiles?

mediafire?

not Crapidshit :lol: :P|||Nice Map Xmall.



I've played it against the ai and it's fun. (good job to place some ai markers. many ppl. forget about them or don't even care to include them)



The layout itself is fine. Many chokepoints to fight for but..



I'd suggest to make the lake more important:

Maybe you could add 2 ramps (1 north and 1 south, near the civil base), so you can use hover units (or T4) to go straight through the middle. And please increase the water lvl.. Currently most naval units are useless, because they can't hit anything around the shore.



However, nice map :!:





ps. the download works fine for me..|||Hyperion_Personality|||got it using chrome|||Haven't tried it out yet but it looks nice. Is there enough mass to get things rolling at a decent rate?



Adding more focus on the lake would be nice. If you add ramps into it a good spot to place them would be at the dried river points. It would make it so if you want to take the water route, you have to walk the long way through it.|||I would say so, there is a bit to reclaim around the bases and if you expand, enough mass to get you going.



As for the lake ramps, its an interesting idea though I am not sure if it will add any strategic options really?



I'll implement it basically and play a few games then see :)



Thanks for the feedback!



I would still love to see some results from in game tests :)|||I tested the lake ramps, personally it doesnt seem to be very useful in this map :P Good idea though, I may make another map encorperating that sort of idea.



I will be hosting this on the vault shortly :)



Since now the file managing actually works! I can delete it if I make changes :D



If anyone has tried the map and has any complaints PLEASE let me know.



Thanks guys.|||Xmall|||If you could try it out?

Would like some feedback from in game. I agree its about how it plays not how it looks, but I like to make them look good too :P



I've just uplaoded this version and a newer version of Desert Oasis to the vault too. I will try a few online games to see how they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment