Tuesday, April 17, 2012

[WIP-REL]Littlemount

first map ive made for supcom, used that very helpful tutorial by AngryZealot. Good job. I've mapped a lot for another rts before, the editors had some similarities



here's a screen



http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/SamVimes_1/?action=view¤t=Namnlst-1-7.jpg



anyway since its my first map i would aprreciate any criticism. I mainly rushed past decalling, only putting some here and some there so the ground feels a little empty here and there. I plan to correct that somehow XD



yeah how do you get the mexes to actually build on the mass spots?, are there some kind of grid where you can build units?



http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=check_download&ufid=UmNLQ3R5VnNqY29LSkE9PQ&key=f0e29a181588aad3fc7e8fe36b0ff8b2cbecf81c&bid=MnFnY05vNHZLVlZMWEE9PQ



have fun, and dont forget to tell me what needs to be improved|||I like the layout. There is a snap to grid option that works great for mex and hydro spots. There's also hazard's marker editor.|||I already have placed all the AI markers the map needs, so if you are interested please reply and I can send it to you. No more problem with AI building on mass points.



Here are two screen shot of a game with two sorian rush AI, no winner both died, as you will notice. I was surprised I have never seen 2 AI commanders die on any map, I placed markers on. :D



Image



Image



Sorry both are of their exploding end.|||mocafrost|||Vimes is random I sent you a PM, once you have done what is needed please let me know.|||thanks, :D thats some markers ineed. Are there a tutorial on how to place them (and i cant even find some of the ones youve placed)



also my civilian buildings look weird, not the PDs or pgens only the civilian prison buildings all white and stuff|||Vimes is random|||Dragon Fly|||Dragon Fly|||Looks great so far, nice layout. Also, the lighting looks great to me, I wouldnt change it.



I dont know if you have an extra strata layer available, but the repitition of the grass texture is fairly obvious. I know you said you are still going to work on decals and stuff so I m sure you will make it all pretty. :)



Also, one of the hydros cannot be built on.



Image



All in all nice work. I ll be back to play the final for sure, and will encourage my friends and clan to play it with me aswell.|||cheers



and i tested it with one of my budds and he experienced a weird problem



http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/SamVimes_1/?action=view¤t=vimes01.jpg it was the same in the opposite corner. He treid to restart the map later in skirmish and it was the same... i dunno it was not the same version as is uploaded here but this one newr version



have this happened to anyone?.... maybe the version is just corrupted though im not sure. havnt done any extensive testing|||It happened before to others. I haven't had this problem with one of my maps so far. If he disables the World Border this problem should go away.|||Vimes is random|||What happened to this map? The dl's are gone.|||time've expired i think, i could reupload em i think, with some minor changes i made...



but not right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment