Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Odd question about texturing/color

This is going to sound a little odd, but I'm going for an unusual water and light color in a map I am working on. Unfortunately, the default sea floor colors are making things look kind of... odd. What I am wondering is if there is a way to change the aqua blue color of the sea floor to something else?



Thanks much for any thoughts!|||Yea, you can change it with a texture in the water settings IIRC. Check out my map Aperture Laboratories, it has custom water:



http://scu.insidesupcom.de/Col_Jessep/|||Hm... it looks like your sea floor on the left and right side of the map is black. But I'm not seeing how you accomplished it. I see the hazard_liquid textures in your water properties, but I can't tell what the texture actually looks like to know if that's what is causing it to be black.



Actually, as long as I'm asking about odd things, when I launch this map in FA, the water surface disappears. Seems to function all right as water, but you cannot see the surface. Run it in vanilla SupCom, and it's normal.



I feel like such a noob trying to create maps for this game... seems overly difficult sometimes. I can't even get the minimap to work in FA for the maps I create. /sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment