Thursday, April 19, 2012

The making of Four Way Setons

Here I will present a view, not many know or see in their lives. I see this all the time (when creating a map), and to me it is nothing new. Below are the steps to creating a map, not as easy as I might make it look.



Getting the height of the land for where there will be water, all of this (the lot done in the 5 screenshots), on its own took 4 hours and 20 minutes.



The lowering of the land.

Image



Image



Smoothing it out to have the beach type of look.

Image



Image



Adding the water, and setting the depths.

Image



Lighting and water corrected for style of map. Testing AI on the map.



Image



Image



Dragon Fly :)|||wow i never did it that way(maybe that explains why my maps will never look halfway good as yours)|||It takes a long time to get a map, to the stage where you can smooth all the steps. I did all those steps in the editor, I don't have a program that can create that.



L3DT can create cool looking maps, but it is hard to make something like that in it. It always wipes, joins or gets rid of parts you want on the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment