Thursday, April 19, 2012

[HELP] Handicapable - (Trouble updating to FA)

Handicapable is my first supcom map release.



Its a Handicap Map for Human or AI players, designed to give the North a number of advantages over the south.



These advantages come in 3 forms:

>Resource Advantage.

>Terrain Advantage. (Defensible high-ground)

>Player Number Advantage. (Room for 4 in the North, 2 in the South)





Great for increasing the difficulty of AI's ... or decreasing it ... depending on what you need.



I spent a lot of testing & effort trying to place the AI markers in the best possible areas.





Handicapable is also Perfect for playing with those friends that are just too good or too weak for a good game on an average map.











Images:



Image



Image



Image





Handicapable can be found in the vault.



I'm really hoping to get some helpful feedback.

I'm especially interested in improvements I can make to AI marker placement.



Comments on appearance, texturing, props, etc, are also appreciated.





Issues To be Fixed:

>I don't know how to edit the skybox, currently it can look a bit plain/ugly at certain angles.

.

.

.|||Can somebody help me update this for FA?



I tried a while back and the result completely ruined SupCom's ability to see and load some maps ... :oops:

I had to reinstall to fix it and gave up ... but now I really want to play it again. :?





Edit:

Damn I put a lot of mass markers on this map ... seems I went a bit overboard.
|||where to dl?|||Oh yeah ... um ... just a minute.



(I should seriously delete a few mass points too ...)|||If you have vanilla installed you can start GPGnet for Vanilla SupCom and find it in the vault under brent_w.



If you have FA installed, you can download my failed attempt to update it to FA ... but I would be careful with it ... it's rather buggy. (why did I leave that in there? ... :? )|||i cant get on gpgnet :x|||Shoot ... I don't think I have the original files ... :shock:



Let me download the broken FA version.

(Don't have vanilla installed anymore.)|||Here we are:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7124 ... f6e8ebb871|||check your pms brent|||Still working at this.

And Hyperion_Personality has been working at it quite a bit as well.





If anybody else can help please feel free to take a look at Version 2 that I just uploaded in the vault.

GPGnet's map test said it was fine so I uploaded it but it still doesn't work.



It seems I fixed the preview picture but that's about it. :-\

After downloaded the map simply will not appear on my map list.

No comments:

Post a Comment