Tuesday, April 17, 2012

[WIP]Sepetor

This map I created before, but it was not good at the time, and it did not do well in that game.



I am hoping it fairs better now, it has been re-worked, and now all players have the same distance to all things. All players also have the same mountain setup, copy paste and flip were used a lot to get it to be fair.



Image



Image



Image



Anyone can make a map, I could teach a chimpanzee (monkey) to make maps. Creating maps is not hard, but it is hard to create a map, where the AI plays as well as a human player.



This is something I am trying to create, a map that the AI play like a pro, and even the best human players have a challenge to beat it. Probably will never happen, though there is no harm trying.



This map is not that map, I am sure of that. But the AI know the map, as well as it is possible. I have done a lot with the AI markers, to get the AI to play well on this map. The Air and Land markers, are placed to work well together (compliment each other). Now all I need is the AI, that will use that to its advantage.:roll: :lol:



Dragon Fly :)|||Looks cool. What's the size?|||It is by no means big, 10 x10. This is a work in progress so things will probably change.



Dragon Fly :)|||Hey, 10x10 is fine. Generally I actually won't play any smaller cause I like base building, but I've found maps like Fields of Isis give me enough room for this, so I'm sure yours will too. :)



Edit: Hey, I just noticed... you've got 4 AIs running against each other and it appears as though you're not in the game at all. How do you do that?|||Looks like a bunker map...|||FuryoftheStars|||Adding a huge amount of reclaimables at mid would remove the bunkerish style. However, there are enough small maps with mass at mid so maybe this map layout is fine as is.|||Image

don't have mass in the middle.|||I have been watching a game on this map. I found that I have had success, in where the AI transports drop units. Though the AI, still build defenses in silly places, I am not sure I can fix that part. :P



Here are two screen shots showing the placement of the markers.



Land markers

Image



Air markers

Image



Dragon Fly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment