Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Map Editor

Hi Guys



I have downloaded the official map editor form the vault and also the unn oficial map editor by Hazard.



The official map editor wont even start on my machine.



I can get Hazard's map editor working by copying the Forgedalliance exe file and renaming it to Supremecommander exe. This lets Hazards scenario editor start and I can see all the maps when I click File, Open level. But then it stops responding. I cant install Net Framework as it doesnt work with Vista 64 bit



Is it possible to edit maps with Vista 64bit



Thanks Trevor|||.Net does in fact run on Vista x64, you will probably need to find the correct one though (last count there's 4 versions, each with various patches and updates).|||Just done that before your reply Bullet, I have net framework 3.5 on it but none of the editors are working.

I have searched everywhere on here and cant find anything with guys editing F/A with Vista 64, do you know if its possible|||ah, but which .Net does the editor require? i could be mistaken, but Hazard's editor came out well before .Net 3.5 did, so you would likely need the 1.1 or 2.0 versions installed too.|||haha

tried that as well, anything under 3.5 is only suitable for XP X64. 3.5 IS THE ONLY ONE I CAN FIND for Vista x 64|||Clinker, I am using windows 7 64Bit which has the same archetecture as Windows vista 64.



Mine is working AOK.



First thing, are you downloading the editor in supreme commander mode NOT Forged alliance mode? The editor will not work with FA.



Second what errors are you getting when you try to start the official editor?|||With everything properly installed the Official editor works just fine under Win Vista 64bit ;)|||Ok

I went to the Vault



Downloaded map editor V4, double clicked map editor and get mohoengine.dll was not found, try re-installing. Well how do you reinstall when it downloads from the vault|||SOunds like your in forged alliance mode. Switch GPG to Vanilla mode then download and it should work.|||Ok after 4 hrs work I finally have the map editor downloaded and install and I can open a map.



How the heck does it work, all it shows me is a way way zoomed out map You cant see mass points.



All I want to do is to add some more mass points.



Is that at all possible|||Yes that is possible otherwise there wouldn't be any community created maps ;)



Just hit the tutorials which will explain you a lot.

http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?t=15928|||Thanks Paceydre



I have it sorted now. That Tutorial is good.



But I still have some issues, I can zoom in and out but it zooms in and out when it wants. Like I click on a point on the map and zoom in and nothing happens, do that 30 times and then it will zoom in, but then I cant zoom out.



Secondly, I can select some mass markers and drag them to a point on the map, click "save as" and nothing happens, I can save the map as the same name, but then none of the mass points I put in show up. Went back in and put the underscore in the Markers name area as I read in one tutorial, but they still dont show up in a game. Go back into the editor and they are all there.

Where am I going wrong

Trev|||If anyone can help I have a similar problem. I'm running Vista x64 and can't seem to get the map editor to work.



I open up GPGnet and go to Supreme Commander (not FA) and download map editor v4 from the vault. Once done, I tell it to make a shortcut. However, i get this error when I try to launch it:



The procedure entry point

?HandleAssertFailure@gpg@@YA_NPBDH0@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library gpgcore.dll.



Any idea how to get this to work or what I'm doing wrong?|||clinker42|||The map editor of the vault doesn't work on my Vista x64 installation either (crashes on startup). However HazardX's Editor works fine (except some FA maps doesn't work). Just select the game path of Supreme Commander, then you can open all maps located in the maps folder of Supreme Commander. So copy and paste the maps you like to edit there.



EDIT: Sometimes the default SC Editor from vault works on Vista x64. Maybe dependent on the memory allocation.|||Hi everyone! I have a question, is there any way to use the map editor with Forged Alliance but not with the original SC, I want to place the FA units in my map.



Sorry if I`m posting offtop :oops:

No comments:

Post a Comment