Monday, April 23, 2012

[WIP] Tropic Tongues

Image





Download Tropic Tongues



Here's my sophomore effort at map making (I haven't posted my Freshman effort -- we'll see if I ever do...). I started with the official Wilderness map and did some heavy heightmap editing to create the namesake peninsulas.



Thanks to some tips from Thygrrr, this map uses the script that adjusts the number of resources according to the number of players. As such, this map works as a 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 map. Teams can be East vs. West or North vs. South.



The 1st and 2nd starting positions are on the tips of the tongues, just out of T2 PD range of each other. The only land path between the two halves of the map is via the choke point valley between the two tongues.



The map has AI markers (HazardX's marker tool is slick), but this is a [WIP] and not a [REL]. Advice or help with the AI markers is welcome.



Please give the map a try and provide feedback.|||I haven't downloaded the map yet, but it looks very nice.



I'm going to try it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment