Friday, April 13, 2012

"You Have Been Defeated" before game even starts! Map Edit ?

[:1]I downloaded the v4 map editor the other day with the thought that I would try my hand at creating some new maps. I went through a tutorial and everything turned out great with my first map. I have played it a couple of times and of course found many things that I wanted to fix.
Instead of going back and editing the original map I decided that I would like to start over and go with a slightly altered idea. I created the heightmap, did everything the same as the other map (modifying / creating scripts, etc.), saved my work and tried to play the new map.
I found it in the map list, selected start positions, the "Launching" screen came up and then the map appeared as usual. However instead of zooming in and spawning the commander I immediately got the message "You have been defeated" and the other AI's were listed as defeated as well..
I have gone back and checked all the scripts and everything seems to pretty well match up with the original map. They are named two distinct names and are in different folders. I get the same result with SC and FA.
I thought that the issue might be with some of the markers that I put down so I went back and deleted them all and just put down start markers for two players on opposite ends of the map. I did create a startup script as well so there shouldn't be any issues there.
Does anybody have any ideas on what I might have missed?
Thanks in advance!|||Fixed - must have been something incorrect in the startup script file. I replaced the file with a known working one and everything is going swimmingly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment